Pastor Michael C. McGill is a powerful preacher, an inspirational spiritual educator and gifted Minister of Music. He is the founding pastor of Grace Place Christian Church, “The Place of God’s Unmerited Favor”.
- Michael C. McGill was born and reared in Fayetteville, NC.
- He is a product of the Cumberland County School System, and Graduate of Douglas Byrd High School Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- Attended North Carolina A&T State University, Fayetteville State University and Heritage Bible College
Pastor McGill’s spiritual heritage was greatly influenced by his Father, Reverend (Pastor) Percy L. McGill and his Grand Father, Reverend (Pastor) M.E. Stubbs.
- Joined Overcoming Born Again Church, and served under the leadership of Bishop Melvin Lambert & First Lady Charlotte Lambert for over 12 years of his adult life. In 1996, he preached his Initial Sermon, and was licensed and ordained as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He served the offices of Sunday School Superintendent, Deacon, Trustee, Minister of Music, Associate Minister and Assistant Pastor.
- Later Joined, what was then, Parks Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, later to become, Kingdom Impact Global Ministries (Apostle William T. Ford, Pastor) where he served as associate minister, church organist and Interim Director of Worship & Fine Arts.
Marriage & Family
It was on the campus of North Carolina A&T State University that he met his beautiful wife to be Theresa Onzenetta Cooper, and the two were married on March 17th 1990. To this union, was born two children, Michael Javan and Cheresa Nicole.
He worked with the Technology Department of the Pender County School System as a Computer Technician.
He worked with the Cumberland County School System’s Technology Department as a Computer Technician.
He was employed with L3 Communication’s National Security Solutions division (Department of Defense Contractor) as a Systems Administrator.
The Transition into Destiny
In 2009, He received the call to Pastoral Ministry. After consulting with his pastor, and spiritual father, Apostle William T. Ford, He began the transition into Pastoral Ministry, and on February 10, 2010, Grace Place Christian Church held its inaugural worship service with over 200 people in attendance. In December of 2014, Grace Place purchased the church, and property, they were previously leasing, and the ministry continues to grow, by the grace of God.
Pastor Michael C. McGill….A husband, father, musician and pastor, who’s heart desire is to know Christ, and to make Him known.